Monday, January 31, 2011

Just a few costumes...

For the last fourteen years I have worked off and on as a costume designer for our local children's theater. I thought I would post a few of the shows that I have worked on. I wish I could say that I made all these costumes by myself but I have had a whole lot of help through the years. I have one very special lady ( Vanessa)  who does a good bit of the sewing now. It has been a blessing because we make a great team. I am responsible for putting the whole show on the stage and it is very stressful. It is also fun, rewarding, and creative.  Most of the shows have at least seventy five kids in them and it is not unusual to have over a hundred. Tuscaloosa Children's Theatre is an organization that has children performing for children. It is unique and special and I love working with them. I've dressed many children through the years and they are all so special to me. Now, I am actually costuming a show for a "child" that I dressed fourteen years ago in the first show...we have come full circle! Mary Kathryn is directing our next show and I will post pictures on here soon of her in my first show with TCT.

Here are a few highlights:

Bees, mushrooms, and flowers from Alice


Cards and Queen  from Alice (One swapped and it was too short that day)

Flamingos, Card, and Teacup  from Alice

Wardrobe

Enchanted Objects 


Horton and Gertrude

Charlie Brown and the Gang

This is just a start. I am by no means a professional costumer. I don't claim to be one. I am just a mother who stumbled upon this job. I enjoy a challenge and this is certainly a challenge! I hope to post many more photos and hopefully some tutorials soon.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I need some to find the costumes relating any event, I come to your site and get very informative stuff, thanks a lot for your article . Keep it up.
    wigs men women

    ReplyDelete